“I ask for your patience, realize that no one has been more patient than I have.”
— James Turrell
The Roden Crater Project is presently closed to the public. It is an unfinished work of art under construction. Please respect this. It is the same as an artist showing an unfinished painting — not something that is desired. Exceptions will not be made for students, artists or museum professionals. At this time, there are no job, internship or volunteer opportunities available. However, supporters who have helped finance the construction and those who have bought artworks from James Turrell have been welcomed because they are directly involved in the completion of the project. In addition, there are a very limited number of fundraising visits hosted at the crater each year to raise major gifts for construction and operations.
Friends of Roden Crater
Friends of Roden Crater is a partnership of the Turrell Art Foundation and Network for Good. Contributions directly support the Roden Crater Project. Please visit the Turrell Art Foundation Page or donate here to become a Friend of Roden Crater. Turrell Art Foundation is a public 501(c)3 organization.
Inquiries for Major Gifts and Fundraising Events
Richard Andrews, Director
Skystone Foundation is a private foundation.
- Count Giuseppe Panza di Biumo
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Martin Bucksbaum Family Foundation
- Nathan Cummings Foundation
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Guggenheim Foundation
- Lannan Foundation
- DIA Center for the Arts
- Booth Heritage Foundation
- Leonard and Louise Riggio
- Ann and Kimberlie Birks in memory of Barrie Drummond Birks
- Annenberg Foundation
- Bruce Halle Family Foundation
- Mark W. Booth
- Ann Tenenbaum and Thomas H. Lee
- Jay and Kelly Sugarman Foundation